Mike counsels on land use and natural resource issues, and he manages agricultural business and real estate transactions. Mike’s work combines practical business knowledge with specialized regulatory expertise.
Mike grew up with farming and forestry in the Willamette Valley, and he draws from his personal experience to help natural resource businesses solve problems and plan for the future. Mike is experienced with a range of government process, including legislative and policy matters, as well as permitting and appeals.
- Owner and attorney, Gelardi Law, Eugene
- Attorney, Hershner Hunter, 2016-2019, Eugene
- Attorney, Davis Wright Tremaine, 2008-2016, Portland
- Legal Extern, Hon. John C. Coughenour, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, Seattle
- Legal Extern, Office of Regional Counsel, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 10, Seattle
Professional and Community Activities
- Executive Committee, Agricultural Law Section, Oregon State Bar, 2011-2019
- Board of Directors, Portland Fruit Tree Project, 2010-2014
- Pro bono legal counsel to agricultural land conservation organizations
- Selected to “Oregon Rising Stars,” Thomson Reuters, 2013-2020
- Selected to “Up and Coming Lawyers” in Oregon, Daily Journal of Commerce, 2012
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D. (2008)
- Macalester College, B.A.,Political Science and Environmental Studies (2002)